Youtube DL-GUI Downloader is a free windows user interface for the command line program YoutubeDL:
- YoutudeDL is inclued, you only need to unzip the program where you want use it, click on YoutubeDLGUI.exe to launch graphical interface.
- Update YoutubeDL, in options, click on Update and it will update YoutubeDL (not YoutubeDL-GUI).
- FFMPEG in inclued, because when downloading in HD, it can need to separatly download sound and video and recreate one video file.
- Addon to add menu to browser to automatically add url of webpage or link to YoutubeDL-GUI (see below)
- This function was made with the help of: https://boycook.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/c-win32-messaging-with-sendmessage-and-wm_copydata/
And many more options like save subtitles, thunbails, save playlists, automatically check new video on playlists at startup, ...
If the video can be downloader from youtube with the message "unable to extract video data", it's because it's blocked in your country, try https://unblockvideos.com/youtube-video-restriction-checker/ to see the country where it's available and use a VPN.
Addon for Edge/Chrome
An addon to add simple menus to browser to automatically add page url, url of link, ... to YoutubeDLGUI :
To add it to your browser, you need to enable developer mode, and add it from the extension window (main menu / extensions )
Informations about Auto Update :
[Note: Repository is now again available
The autoupdate fonction from YoutubeDL and Youtube DL GUI don't work becauseGithub deleted YoutubeDL repository because rich people don't want you to save data and make backup. ]
You can automatically update YoutubeDL (and NOT the main YoutubeDLGUI program), go to options tab, the update section, and to the update button on the bottom left.
You can update manually youtube-dl.exe :
Go where you installed YoutubeDLGUI, download last youtube-dl.exe version on https://yt-dl.org/ and replace the old youtube-dl.exe by the new downloaded version. It's recommended to save the replaced version of youtube-dl.exe , to a folder like "Old-youtube-dl".
You can find here a PDF copy of the ReadMe Github Page explaining how to use it:
Cache Version on the Web:
The program is made and tested on windows 10 but it maybe can work on others windows version.
How to update from older version:
There's no automatic update for YoutubeDLGUI, you can decompress the folder where you want, and copy from the older version the "cfg" directory to the new installation dir or use in options tab the "import cfg options dir" button.
1.3 / Windows 10 (~70mb)
1.1 / Windows 10 (~70mb)
1.0 / Windows 10 (~70mb) :
1.1 : Minors bugs fixes, more menu options, checkboxes in the list of videos to select multiple video to download.